Dear All,
Some or all of you might be aware that I have been working every Saturday and most evenings the last few months. This has put my campaign far behind schedule in terms of fundraising. As you all know, my campaign has to pay a fee of $750 to be nominated to represent the Democratic Party in the November election as nominee for Commissioner of the Revenue for Loudoun County.
I hope that as fellow candidates you might be able to help me raise the necessary funds by the deadline to join you on the ballot.
Please donate $50 today to my campaign and help me achieve this humble goal.
https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/entity/27233?refcode=directory
Thank you very much for your kind understanding. I will provide all my support to your campaigns going forward, as I will no longer be working Saturdays and evenings!
Respectfully Yours,
Josh Actor
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Head meet Desk
Josh Actor, who is running for Commissioner of the Revenue, is having trouble raising the $750 filing fee. He sent a note out to all the Dem candidates asking them for help. I've gotten this info from more than one candidate. Here is the text of the message:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Josh Actor, I might consider donating to you if you tell me why I should.
ReplyDeleteSincerely,
Someone who thinks you're less credible because you can't raise a minor filing fee.
Hey Anonymous,
ReplyDeleteMy work schedule consisted of 6-7 12 hour days/week, so fundraising time was not plentiful. I have left that job so I can spend the extra time raising funds and focusing on the election.
If you believe that time has come more accurate property taxes, then vote for me!
Yours Respectfully,
Josh Actor
Hey Josh Actor,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your response. A couple things.
1. If accurate property taxes have been an issue, and I'm not saying they have, then I'd be more likely to believe someone could correct that if they didn't make errors in blog responses.
2. Undefined and allegedly inaccurate property taxes are not a reason to fund your campaign. Most of us work 8 to 12 hour days and we find the time necessary to do what needs to be done for our outside of work activities.
Sincerely,
Someone who would like to be convinced you're credible.
1) Fair property taxes based on actual use and market value
ReplyDelete2) Fair car taxes based on actual market value and not just NADA
3) Tax bills adjusted o individual needs - not static
I'm sorry, but I don't see the error.
Anyway, this is not the forum for me to prove my credibility> How about meeting face-to-face?
Josh A.
Tax bills adjusted to individual needs? Please do elaborate! And for the record, my need is: lower taxes.
ReplyDeleteFrom each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs...I see you are running as a Communist.
ReplyDeleteThis year's crop of LCDC candidates should be called "The Not Ready For Primetime Players".
ReplyDeleteDear Josh, take a look at this sentence and see if you see the problem now, genius:
"If you believe that time has come more accurate property taxes, then vote for me!"
This is like some kind of elementary school class election for Josh apparently. You quit your job to focus on this race, that you are 100% certain to lose??? I don't want anyone with your judgement anywhere near a Constitutional office.
Hahaha! What a joke. It seems you are all confused about this office. A Commissioner does not have the authority to lower taxes, nor does he have the authority to selectively assess.
ReplyDeleteLet's assume that we buy the notion that you "haven't had time to fundraise." Bold assumption, but I'll go with it for now.
ReplyDeleteWho the hell doesn't have $750 of their own money to pay the filing fee. Even the most aggressive fundraisers go into a campaign with the understanding that they will inevitably need to pay some of their own money along the way. If you can't even "commision" enough of your own revenue to pay the fee, well, I'll let you finish the joke yourself.
Nothing says you're committed to Loudoun and its future like a campaign using a 202 phone number.
ReplyDeleteHey Josh, I think you can afford a 540 or 703 number... Google Voice is giving them away.